Sunday, June 2, 2013

Chocolate Fondant / Molten Chocolate Lava Cake



We ate at Yabu last Tuesday while shopping for my niece's school supplies. Kevin decided to order their Chocolate Lava Cake and instantly fell in love with it. He's not into sweets and he doesn't like chocolates so it was quite a surprise that he liked it.

Since I love cooking for the people I love, I planned on making one at home. I tried making this 3 times, used 3 different recipes but FAILED. Felt really sad about it but luckily I found Gordon Ramsay's recipe for Chocolate Fondant.

Though I followed his recipe, I made changes on mine just to make-up with the ingredients I didn't have.



Check Gordon Ramsay's recipe here.

the not-so-decent photos
CHANGES:
Ingredients: (good for 4)
melted butter for brushing
100 grams butter cut into small pieces
100 grams chocolate, I used dark chocolate
100 grams granulated sugar
100 grams flour
    2 whole eggs
    2 egg yolks
Vanilla ice cream (to serve)

Method:
1. Heavily brush the molds/ramekins to be used. Put in the fridge to chill
2. Melt Chocolate and Butter in a bowl over pan with barely simmering water.
    Let them melt and stir til smooth. Let it cool for 10 minutes
3. Beat eggs and sugar using a hand mixer / stand mixer til pale and thick.
4. Add the melted chocolate slowly, beating well until all chocolate is added and the mixture is well combined.
   (In the recipe above, it says to add the chocolate in 3 additions which I didn't follow)
5. Fold in the flour in the mixture in 3 additions.
   (Why I did this? because this is what I saw in the F WORD show of Gordon Ramsay. )
6. Transfer to ramekins. I used 1/4 measuring cup for every ramekin.
7. Baked in a pre-heated oven of 180 degrees for 10 minutes or until the topes have formed a crust and they are starting to come away from the sides. I'm using gas oven. 200 degrees for fan.
8. Loosen the sides and put a plate on top of the ramekin. Put it upside down and slowly remove it from the ramekin.
9. Top with ice cream.

Here's the link for the video of Gordon Ramsay making a chocolate fondant.


ENJOY YOUR MEAL




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...